News on Snap chat ……………………………………………….
We take e-safety issues very seriously. We ensure that all pupils in school receive regular e-safety lessons every half term and have whole school assemblies on e-safety. All teaching staff receive regular e-safeguarding training. We complete e-safety questionnaires with pupils to understand the e-safeguarding needs of the children attending our school.
Information for parents and carers
Common Sense Media games reviews
Check the games that your children are playing – this website allows you to enter the details of a game and gives an honest and clear review of the game and its content.
- Common sense media games reviews – Reviews of games and their content
- Parents concerns – Detailed section giving advice about different parental concerns
These websites are suitable for children – please share them with your child:
For e-safety advice and guidance for parents and carers please look at the web links below:
- Safe Network – Guidance on helping keep children and young people safe online.
- Think U Know for Parents and Carers –
- The Parents’ and Carers’ guide to the Internet – ‘
- Vodafone Digital Parenting Magazine –
Please visit the CEOP You Tube Video page which contains a variety of videos for Parents and Carers about different aspects of E-Safety.
Children’s Safe Search Engines
As part of our e-safety teaching we ensure that we use safe search engines that are suitable for children. Here are some examples of the different search engines that are available. Please have a look and encourage your child to use these when searching the Internet at home:
- Google safe search – Information about Google’s ‘safe search’
- Safe search Kids – Google’s safe search engine for kids
- Common Sense media – Common sense media search engine advice
- Kids Click search engine – Safe search engine for kids
- Ask Kids – Safe search engine for kids
At Eastgate Academy we are committed to making improvements to our e-safeguarding/online provision within school – download our IT Vision Statement for further information.